5.03.2011

Adventures of the Knights

That title makes it seem like our lives are fun. Unfortunately, like most young married couples, our lives are filled with either work, school, or both at the same time. We are quite a boring pair nowadays. It's okay for now, though. Coming this October is a bundle of jumping excitement. 

Introducing Baby Boy Knight!!  


We just couldn't wait until the middle of June to find out the gender. I was so anxious, and I really felt more unprepared when I didn't know. We went to Fetal Studio in South Town Mall to find out. It was an obvious boy, so we are happy to share it with you. Now I feel a bit more confident. I've dealt with many baby boys before. I can handle being the mother of a boy. We have a first name chosen already, but for the sake of having it trampled on we are keeping it mostly a secret from the outer world. 

Okay: story time. When I was little, elementary age, I LOVED to read. I would be one of the most excited kids when the teacher announced a read-a-thon or when the newest book order form was passed out in class. I don't know where this good habit of reading went, but once I hit high school, it vanished. I haven't had the "time" or the desire to read a book. Don't get me wrong, I still look at books and want to open them up. I just haven't had motivation to finish many books since then. (Harry Potter series doesn't count in my mind for some reason. Everybody has read those.)

Fast forward to February of this year. I find out I am preggo, and the first thing I do is go out and buy 3 pregnancy books. I felt that hopefully I can learn something from them. I am so happy to say that now I am a read-a-holic! I have read through 4 pregnancy/parenting books already, and the list of normal books keeps getting bigger. I am going to be spending many hours in the park across the street from our cozy apartment reading this summer. It makes me feel good inside to know that I can accomplish something. (Yes, finishing a book is an accomplishment for me!) Here's a bonus: I love reading articles online even more than I ever have, too. It's like once you start, you catch a bug that you don't want to get rid of. I love it!

This weekend the entire Knight Clan are heading to Southern California for the wedding of Craig's aunt, Kristin. We are really excited for her wedding, and it seems like it has been so long since we have had a vacation. I can't wait to touch the ocean with my toes! I will take pictures of our true adventures there. 

Adios!



1 comment:

Aunt Lorie said...

Congratulations Jeanette and Craig. Shelly told me today that you are having a boy. You were right. I am so excited for you. You will be a wonderful Mom!