8.26.2010

"I Don't Want to Go!!"


Yay! Back to school. I can't believe it's already here! (The picture above is similar to what my husband looked like on our way yesterday morning. He really doesn't like Math.)

This year will be strange for me because I, unfortunately, decided to not take ANY music classes. In fact, I may not even be able to do choir! I made the decision based on some employment issue I was having. I quit Macaroni Grill this past Monday, and I will be working as a receptionist at Bowerman Investments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. BUT I will still be having music in my life. This is where you can help me, you, and anyone you know out. I start teaching lessons-voice and piano. I have a couple students, but I want this to be something that can help fill in the time I have. SO, if you want, or know someone who wants, piano or voice lessons-please email me! Anyway, my classes will be just generals. I'm taking Public Speaking, Astronomy, Philosophy, Psychology, and Yoga. (I'm quite excited about the Yoga class, but there are way too many people in that class right now!) My teachers so far this year are...well...very open-minded if you will. They are peaceful, though, and that is EXACTLY what I need right now. Peace. I can only find REAL peace right in this building:

I get the opportunity to attend the wedding of Rachel Skalla and Drew Parcell on Saturday. But before that, tomorrow night at the wedding dinner up at Sundance, I get to sing! I am grateful Shannon and Rachel thought to ask me. I will be singing a wonderful Jazz arrangement of "When I Fall in Love" by Nat King Cole. (Special thanks to Dave Kjar who plays a mean jazz piano.) I'm really looking forward to it. Rachel, you will be a beautiful bride.
I am having a hard time finding balance, but with some time, I think I may get the hang of things. I am so so so so grateful for Craig right now. He is amazingly patient with me. I am grumpy a lot, I'll admit it, and he is so loving and sweet regardless. I love him.
Happy Two Months Love Monkey!



1 comment:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Ha - 'When I fall in Love' is one of the greatest jazz classics! You'll be great!

With the teaching thing - super rewarding! Half the time I just wanted to destroy my students for not practicing YET again... but other times I felt like I really was contributing somehow in someones life. Some of my students are even starting at the Y this year with Ray - I felt super lucky to be a part of that. Keep teaching! :)