The trip started out in Boston. After a red eye flight we walked the Freedom Trail. Boston is SO gorgeous. We were there for a short day, then traveled by bus to New York City!! MY DREAM HAS FINALLY COME TRUE!!! Unfortunately, we were only in Manhattan for only a day as well. We saw Times Square at 2:00 A.M., walked maybe a fourth of Central Park, then headed to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It was fabulous! Again by bus we traveled to Philadelphia. This city was enriched with so much beautiful history. I felt like I was living National Treasure by seeing Independence Hall, Carpenter's Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the Philadelphia mint. We also visited Benjamin Franklin's grave. This, too, was all in one day! We then drove for an hour or so to Valley Forge. It was SO SO green. It felt like I was in a fairy tale with the deer and the flowers. Hopping back onto the bus, we drove to Washington D.C. This was our final destination. We spent two days here. The first day we went Smithsonian hopping. I went to the Holocaust Museum, Museum of Natural History, Hard Rock Cafe, attempted to get into Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot, and then to the U.S. History Museum. At night, we walked through all the war memorials and visited Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial. They are so gorgeous at night! Day two of D.C. we spent some time in the Supreme Courthouse. It was surreal as I've only seen it on TV. Next we had a Senator's tour of the Capitol. I really, really enjoyed this (even though they made me throw away my water bottle from Statue of Liberty). The Capitol is such a magnificent building. Such detail was placed in the creation of it.
All in all this was one amazing trip. I would love to go back to even sight we went to, just to spend some more time as we were on a strict time schedule. I am grateful for being able to go. (Thanks to the Knights!!)
Here are some pictures in no particular order:
It was such a great trip! I love the people I made friends with. We laughed SO much and really had so much fun. The End.
P.S. 29 Days until I am Mrs. Knight.
3 comments:
29 Days! Woo Woo! I can't believe you did this all for school! How amazingly fun! I am headed to Washington DC in July and Can't Wait!!!!
Rachael
Oh, I am logged into the wrong system. This is Rachael Skidmore. My bad!
Looks like so much fun- we want to take Cessna to see all this stuff too. Now to just fit it into the budget....
Post a Comment