
Okay. So right now, right this second, I've decided to change. Not my personality or my hair or something. Change for the better. One of the definitions of change is to convert. Now, it might seems strange that I want to be "converted" seeing how I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints already, but I need my very own conversion.
Conversion includes a change in behavior, but it goes beyond behavior; it is a change in our very nature. It is such a significant change that the Lord and His prophets refer to it as a rebirth, a change of heart, and a baptism of fire. The Lord said: "Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; "And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God" (Mosiah 27:25–26).
I recently found a challenge given in the form of a book called 21 Days Closer to Christ by Emily Freeman. This book starts off with a simple invitation: "If with all your hearts ye truly seek me, Ye shall ever surely find me." (Children's Songbook, 15)
I am so excited to learn more of Christ. I want to be His servant and do everything I can to be better, live better. I know I can do this because Christ says in D & C 100 "Behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end." He is always with us! He wants us to have our own conversions and live better lives to shine our lights for others around us can see.

And as C.S. Lewis said, I will be "...embarking on somthing which is going to the whole of [me]." I know with every part of me this is the true Church, but I want to know more. I want to know so strongly that I could go out and tell every single person I know about my Savior and His father's gospel. I'm so grateful to have the resources to be able to do this. I'm excited. I will be telling you my experiences as I do this.
3 comments:
Treb. You are absolutely amazing! I love you to pieces!! You are a rock star. :)
I know where to find him if you are up for a chat I'm always here :)
Love you!
Awesome! Go for it!
Post a Comment